This amazing 8-day 4×4 and quad expedition brings you to the highest dunes, the 300m (or 980ft) Erg Chigaga, through a Berber village of Foum Zguid. Because of its relatively difficult accessibility, quieter dunes and more spaced-out camps, this short desert experience is much more tranquil and is truly a memorable experience to arrive here in your quad.
Day 2: Ait Ben Haddou – Foum Zguid (Quad, 160 km)
We depart Ait Ben Haddou in our quads on a desert track to the small Berber village in the desert town of Foum Zguid. On the way, you will enjoy the beautiful traditional clay village panorama and feel like back in time. We will stay in a local guesthouse for the night.
Day 3: Foum Zguid – Erg Chigaga (100 km)
From Foum Zguid, we continue our quad journey to Erg Chigaga. With a length of approximately 40 km to 15 km wide, it is the largest and wildest dune of Morocco. Because it is relatively difficult to access, it is truly a memorable experience to arrive here in your quad. Enjoy having dinner in tranquility and sleeping under million of stars at our desert tents.
Day 4: Erg Chigaga – Erg Lihoudi (70 km)
After breakfast, we leave the solitude around Erg Chigaga and continue in our quads to the 100m-high Erg Lihoudi (Dunes of the Jews), located 8 km northeast of M’Hamid. Feel the freedom of wandering around these dunes. We stay one more night in the desert tents.
Day 5: Erg Lihoudi – Zagora (70 km)
From M’Hamid, we will drive the final stretch on desert track to Zagora. This is where the original, iconic ‘Tombouctou, 52 jours’ (Timbuktu, 52 days) sign , and where caravans pass through.
Day 6: Zagora – Agdz (110 km)
Day 7: Agdz – Ait Ben Haddou (Quad, 100 km), Ait Ben Haddou to Marrakech (4×4, 200km)
Day 8: Transfer to airport
* All distance are approximates.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THIS TOUR IS 4. MAXIMUM IS 7.
Please email us for prices.
Price Included :
- Quad bike in working condition
- English or French speaking guide
- Liability insurance
- Helmets, Googles & gloves
- Meals and water
- Foum Zguid – 1 night guest house with breakfast
- Dune Chigaga – 1 night in desert camp with breakfast
- Erg Lihoudi – 1 night in desert camp with breakfast
- Transfer from Marrakech to the departure point, Ait Ben Haddou (can be arranged at an extra cost)
- Transfer from Zagora (can be arranged at an extra cost)
- Dinner and accommodation on last day in Zagora is not included
- Flight tickets
- Personal expenses and tips
- Repatriation coverage
- Extra safety outfit such as boots , jackets etc…
- All services not mentioned
- Minimum 2 people is required for this tour
- Only one person per quad is allowed in the Sahara